The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgerton Series #2)

The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgerton Series #2) - Having fallen in love with the Bridgerton family in the 1st book (and having discovered a new favorite author), I was reticent to read the 2nd book. What if the 1st book was a fluke?But never fear, dear readers, this book is every bit as good as the 1st book. This story follows Anthony, the eldest of the Bridgertons. He & his 7 siblings are famous in Town. Each sibling's name begins with the next letter of the alphabet: Anthony, Benedict, Colin, Daphne, Eloise, Francesca, Gregory, and Hyacinth.When Anthony's father, a viscount, was only 38 years old, he died. From a bee sting. Anthony has been shouldering the "father" mantle for his siblings for years now, and he takes his responsibilities quite seriously, as we saw in "The Duke & I". But Anthony has always been somewhat of a rake -- unwilling to settle down, despite all the Determined Mamas and Debutantes in The Marriage Mart each season in London. I suspect, after seeing his best friend, Simon, and his sister, Daphne, settle down (Book 1), Anthony decides it's high time he married. And he has specific criteria, the most important of which, he cannot be in love with his chosen. Because Anthony is convinced that he couldn't possibly live any longer than his father did (38 years). Because Anthony's father was his hero and the most magnificent man Anthony has ever known.So, he sets out to find the Incomparable of this Season and make her his wife. But we all know it's not that easy in romance stories... and Anthony finds himself more than attracted to his intended's sister, Kate, who is doing her best to keep her sister away from Anthony.Yes, we know the "formula", but Ms. Quinn spins the story in such a way that you almost forget the "formula". If you allow yourself to simply enjoy it, you'll find yourself laughing, crying, and heated (after the smoky love scenes). Give it a shot!