The Lost Duke of Wyndham (Two Dukes of Wyndham Series #1)

The Lost Duke of Wyndham (Two Dukes of Wyndham Series #1) - I should have known better... After reading the 2nd book (or rather the other POV of this book) first and then reading the reviews for that book and this book, I should have known that there really wasn't much here. But I so love Ms. Quinn's books (or usually do), that I persisted.I understand the 2 different points-of-view. But the story is the same, as is much of the detail. And it seems as if you might be able to make 1 decent book from the 2 stories. But to put them into separate books seems like... a publisher's choice, not a reader's choice!Not that this is a bad book... it's just not all that interesting. And it seems so much more "unreal" than Mr. Cavendish, I Presume that tells the "other" POV. Grace and Jack's "love story" falls into the trite, romance-genre, bodice-ripper banality. She sees him; he sees her. Sparks fly, and both are instantly, irrevocably in LOVE... no other person will do. No matter that he's the true Duke of Wyndham and she's merely a companion. True, she's a gentleman's daughter, but a Duke is expected to marry a bit higher up the chain. And while a Duke can usually get away with whatever he wants to, any Duke still has to please his sovereign king. And somehow, I don't see that happening.The book felt like a satire of Ms. Quinn's other books... and that just didn't feel quite right. *sigh*