Snow White Blood Red (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #1)

Snow White Blood Red (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #1) - Cameron Jace 2.5-3 stars (maybe)I'm still not quite sure what to think of this short, prequel to The Grimm Diaries. I expected something out of the ordinary. I didn't expect Snow White to be a vampire, or at least to create vampires!The story is told from the POV of the Evil Queen, as a written letter to one of the Grimm brothers. She's chastising him for changing the fairy tale so much that it's no longer true. She claims that not only is she Snow White's actual mother (not a step-mother), but that she's not at all evil. It's not easy to ask for the heart of your daughter, after all... and then she slowly tells the tale that Snow White's blood red lips come from sucking blood. First from the Evil Queen's pricked thumb; later from "yummy" young princes and others.I have "Ashes to Ashes and Cinders to Cinders", because it was a freebie Kindle book. Which is why I bought this book... it's the first prequel; the "Ashes..." book is the 2nd. But I'm not going to rush to read it. These books aren't my style.