Guardians of Stone (The Relic Seekers, #1)

Guardians of Stone (The Relic Seekers, #1) - Anita Clenney 4.5+ starsThis one is so close to 5 stars, it's crazy! (And it's tough for me to give any book a 5-star rating!) I love, love, love this new series with Kendall, Jake, and Nathan! It's fun, whacky, adventurous, sexy, mysterious, suspenseful, and just plain fun! Kendall is the BEST version of Stephanie Plum - the one that's not so inept; yet there's that vulnerability, a bit of clumsiness, humor, and the two sexy guys interested in her. But Kendall can stand on her own two feet! She's tough, smart, and fearless - almost to her detriment. And her "sixth sense" is both amazing and frustrating... Jake comes across as a real jerk at the beginning - the tough guy who only thinks about sex. But he's so much more than that, and we get to know that about him and really see him as person. He's got heart and depth, and yes, he's drop-dead sexy!Nathan is the real mystery (or is that Jake?)... so much isn't known about Nathan, and there's so much that is yet unexplained. You have to fill-in-the-blanks for yourself, which is part of the rollercoaster fun of this book. What will happen next? It's almost too difficult to predict.Who's Adam? What really happened all those years ago with Kendall and Adam? Who is The Reaper and what does he want? How/why did he recognize Kendall? so many questions, you'd think that it would be almost too frustrating. But it's not, because Ms. Clenney so masterfully weaves this tale and gets you so caught up in it, that despite all the questions and mysteries, you just fall in love with the characters, the story, the locations, and the whole shebang.Lots of keep-you-on-the-edge-of-your-seat, can't-put-this-book down! I, for one, am already antsy about getting my hands on book 2!!!-----------------1st read (beta read)I did read an advanced copy of this (thank you, Anita!), and I LOVED this book! You will, too!It's a new series by Anita Clenney... sort of Stephanie Plum meets Indiana Jones. But the main character is, IMO, a much stronger female character than Stephanie Plum. This gal is smart, sexy, and no-hold-barred when on the trail of a relic!If it's not on your To Be Read/Anticipated list, put it there now!