Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3)

Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3) - Suzanne Brockmann While I really liked Troubleshooters book 1 and was OK with book 2, this book - book 3 - was really something! As friends here on Goodreads told me, THIS IS THE BOOK! This is where many of the characters we've been introduced to finally "gel", and we're thrown into another nail-biting mission for SEAL Team Sixteen.The only issue I had with this book was that, at first, I didn't realize that Helga was reminiscing about the past. And I got really, really confused!!! But the device that the author uses works, once the reader understands it. See, Helga is slowly succumbing to Alzheimer's Disease - she's slowly losing her ability to remember the present, although the past is like yesterday to her.I learned about WWII Denmark - plenty of things I didn't know, such as the Danish didn't put up with the hatred of Nazi Jews. In fact, almost all of the Danish Jews safely got away to Sweden, because the country and its people didn't allow the Germans to force the Jews to wear the yellow stars or have their rights and property taken away. It was refreshing to learn... and it made me wonder why I didn't know such things before.As for the romance(s)... well, there's nothing that I like more than seeing Alyssa (Lys) Locke and Roger (Sam) Starette together. And I finally understand why it takes so long for these two to get together... in book 6. Ugh - sad, but true.As for Teri the Helo Pilot and Senior Chief Stan... touching, funny, heartfelt... all the nice things about romance. Although I thought I might have to knock their heads together!!! Thankfully, there are those around them willing to step in and guide the way.The "heart" of the story is that terrorists take over a flight coming out of Athens that carries over 120 Americans and other assorted passengers. Many of the passengers are young college students in a touring band. While everyone's life changes forever, one of the students, Gina, has the most life-altering experience that started in the Athens airport when she encountered a crying American girl who claimed to have lost her passport & ticket for that same plane. Turns out that girl was Karen, the daughter of a U.S. Senator. When the hijackers take the plane, somehow they discover Karen was to be on that plane. Gina, who's the only one who really knows what happened to Karen, realizes that unless someone claims to be Karen (who's not there), the hijackers/terrorists will kill everyone aboard, one by one. So Gina pretends to be Karen.Luckily for Gina, Max Baghat an FBI agent expert in hostage negotiations (and that we met in book 2), picks up on her story and flawlessly handles her. But he's dealing not only with "we don't negotiate with terrorists" from the U.S., but also from Israel. See, the terrorists want Osman Razeen released from the U.S. (we met him in book 2) and another of their leaders released from jail in Israel. But Israel doesn't ever negotiate. Helga is there are a representative, but... she's more intrigued by meeting her childhood friend's son, who turns out to be Senior Chief Stan.Quite a book! I felt for Gina especially... it's not an easy book by any means. I hope that we get some glimpse into Gina's future - maybe? While Max is too old for her, a part of me wishes that they'd get together in the end...