Seduced by a Pirate (Fairy Tales, #4.5)

Seduced by a Pirate (Fairy Tales, #4.5) - Eloisa James 3.5+ starsApparently, I read this book last year. I just didn't remember reading it... which sounds bad, I know. But I do read a lot of books. And for some reason, until I was in Chapter 3 of the book, I simply didn't remember reading this one.But when I *did* remember it... oh yeah. This is a fun, quirky tale of how a Baronet was scared out of his mind on his wedding night - intimidated by the beauty of a wife that he'd just met, he slipped out and got drunk. Only to wake up as part of a press gang on a boat. He embraced the opportunity to leave the ton and all the societal trappings behind, and he worked his way up to being captain of a pirate ship. That's right! He named his ship, The Flying Poppy, in honor of his wife - the wife he never consummated his marriage with. He even had a blue poppy tattooed on his cheek. And eventually, his cousin, a duke in the making, joined him after he, too (the cousin) was press ganged into service. The two men merrily sailed out and became privateers, no longer pirates; now they stole for The Crown and kept he water ways free of pirates.Except that during a particularly gruesome battle, his cousin's throat was cut and he was stabbed viciously in the thigh. Both men decided enough was enough, and they returned to England and obtained their pardons. Perhaps a very large ruby had something to do with it, but that's neither here nor there.After leaving his cousin at his home in Town, the pirate and his 2nd mate headed off to Bath, where his very own wife lived. Except her name isn't Poppy; it's Phoebe. And she's got 3 children... OK, it's been 14 years, but still....Except that Griffin has decided that he wants his wife. He'll forgive her the children, since she tells him their father is dead. And he wants to not only consummate their marriage, but that very night!So much ensues... yes, it's all a fairy tale retold in the best of ways... Love, seduction, and HEA. Wrapped up nicely and neatly, but also with a moral to it all...