Tatiana and Alexander

Tatiana and Alexander  - Paullina Simons What a book! I want to rate it lower, just because it tortured me. But I can't do that, in all fairness. There was so much tragedy, such darkness... and then such wonderful, beautiful moments in this book!I wondered why the author took so many years to write the 2nd book? Did she intend to end with the 1st book and leave their story there... then get besieged by fans to give them the next part of the story?The back-and-forth in both times and points-of-view was sometimes jarring. Sometimes it felt out of place. I wasn't quite sure what all of it had to do with the present story. Was it pieces of the back story that the author had from writing the 1st book and she wanted to throw in here? Sometimes, it added to the characters and understanding them; sometimes it just seemed random.I wasn't sure I could endure this book... it's not for the faint-at-heart, certainly! The descriptions of war and torture... The teasing of whether Tatiana will believe that Alexander is really dead and move on with her life...