The Lady Most Willing...: A Novel in Three Parts

The Lady Most Willing...: A Novel in Three Parts - Julia Quinn,  Eloisa James,  Connie Brockway 3.5-4 starsIt's tough to tell which author wrote which of the 3 romances... which is a good thing. They're all wonderful writers, but I have to say that Julia Quinn is by far my favorite in this group.While the story employs many of the standard Highlander romance genre plot points - kidnapping, falling in love almost at first sight, and happy endings - the reader truly gets transported into a cold Scottish castle along with the 4 kidnapped prospective brides.Other reviews make it plain who couples with whom. Personally, I think that's part of the fun, waiting to see. It's not tough to figure out from the start, though, and it's not supposed to be. The book is about how 3 couples (make that 4, technically) came to discover love with an unexpected person in very unexpected ways. And isn't that what we want from a good romance book? How many times, even on TV "reality" shows such as "The Bachelor" or The Bachelorette", do we see that only when people look in UNEXPECTED places and at UNEXPECTED people (not their type) do they find that special someone. That's what this book is all about.So cozy up with this book and a nice cup of your favorite hot drink - cocoa, tea, coffee, etc. - and spend an afternoon soaking up the those moments of first love...