En Prise (Chess, #3)

En Prise (Chess, #3) - Sean Michael 3.5 starsTough book... the "twist" is that Knight gets hurt while running... something about a snowplow? Did the snowplow run over him? I'm not quite sure; but because of the extensive damage, I'm guessing that I either missed something or it was implied.Jason really comes to the forefront in this book. He's got PT experience, and he knows about injuries. He's also the calm in the storm for both Rook and Bishop, while they freak about Knight's condition - initially and through the various surgeries he has to go through. Knight remains in a coma for days - weeks?It's tough to know what the future holds, especially for Knight. He won't take well to not being able to paint or sketch. He broke at least one arm in the accident, but I'm hoping that because towards the end of the book that he seems to painting as part of his PT that he'll be OK. But will he walk? That's not completely established.The reason that this isn't 4 stars or higher is because of all the ambiguity of Knight's condition. I understand that, until now, the focus has been on these 3 men and Jason - how they're relationships are developing. But when the characters take a serious turn like in this book, I expect a bit more than a bunch of make-out scenes interspersed between freak out scenes and hospital scenes. Seems like this one was written quickly and not thoroughly?But I'm a sucker for this series...