The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After

The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After - Julia Quinn 4 stars - because it's the BridgertonsI was a little ticked to discover that I already *owned* most of these 2nd Epilogues... guess I should have paid attention and looked first. The cover clearly states that some of the material has been previously published. But, alas, I did not.That said, there's at least 1-2 new 2nd epilogues. And they're fun, funny, and very Bridgerton. The "new" story is "Violet in Bloom", about the mother, Violet. It's a good story, but rather "meh", actually. The first 2 parts deal with Mr. Bridgerton, and how Violet met him and then later met him again at a ball. I wanted MORE about their life together - before and during children. I also wanted Violet to find love again. I know that Ms. Quinn says she just can't do that - doesn't see it - but IMO, that's the ultimate in this story: the ability to find love *again*, just when you don't expect it and with someone whom you'd never guess that you'd find it. Yes, Violet has a wonderful, full life filled with children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. That's plenty of love; but she deserves another love, just for herself. The part where she's dancing with the handsome stranger at the masked ball had so much promise!All in all, if you love the Bridgertons and DON'T ALREADY OWN most of the 2nd Epilogues, you'll enjoy this book. Otherwise, perhaps checking it out of your local library first, before buying it, just to be sure that you're willing to pay the purchase price for the new material.