Delicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters, #1)

Delicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters, #1) - Eve Langlais 3-3.5 starsThis is a fun, fast, quirky book of shapeshifters, where Fate determines the mates and that's that!Naomi is from a large wolf family - 4 brothers and a father who are rough-housers and seem to solve every disagreement with "violence". Naomi wants a more normal life - where beautiful furniture and delicate things, like her glass butterfly collection, aren't always trashed or about to be. So Naomi's been dating humans, not shifters. And that's not been working so well for her. She agrees to attend a shifters lacrosse match with a gal pal. While there, she immediately spots the Kodiak bear (Ethan) and the panther (Javier), teammates who are also good friends since college. And when Ethan makes eye contact with Naomi - ZING! Both get the feeling that they've met their Mate. Poor Ethan is so rattled, he misses the ball, which hits Naomi smack in the face! In the aftermath of apologies, Javier the Player (along to help Ethan) makes eye contact with Naomi and ZING! Another Mate? Hmmmm... who knew that Fate had menage matches in mind?It's a comedy as Ethan and Javier try to convince Naomi that it's more than just sexual attraction. The guys "withhold" from her until she'll agree to be their Mate - if she ever does. The fact that these 2 guys have shared women in the past (without any m-m action) makes it easier for them to woo her. But I'm still not convinced that 2 men and 1 woman wouldn't somehow end up in a jealous tiff as 2 of the 3 are bound to spend more time together... but this is fantasy, after all.It's a fun, light book. Just the kind of book I needed to "cleanse" my palate of some of the heavier stuff that I've been reading lately.