Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) - Cassandra Clare Finally finished The Infernal Devices series... and I don't think I can quite write a review just yet.I kept expecting to be bawling my eyes out, as my GR friends seemed to do. I wasn't, until the Prologue. And then I simply couldn't seem to stop.I knew that Jem was Brother Zachariah, and yet... in this prologue, he seems to have left the Brotherhood. But in the previous The Mortal Instruments, [b:City Of Lost Souls|8755776|City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5)|Cassandra Clare|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1325708287s/8755776.jpg|13629058], Brother Zachariah was trying to help Jace with his "heavenly fire" issue. I'd imagine, because it's similar to Tessa's own "bout" with it. This book, however, leaves us with the impression that Tessa and Jem are going to be married - or at least spend their lives together. Does that mean that something happens to Tessa?We saw the Clockwork Angel pendant in the New York Institute in the previous TMI books, too. While this book doesn't say that Tessa continued to wear it, I'd suspect that she kept it with her. So now I'm curious to know more about Tessa and Jem, post TID.The tie-ins with The Mortal Instruments are good. Seeing all the Shadowhunters from the past... the family names... it's interesting to speculate who got with whom to create the modern day versions. I seem to see some Tess, Will, and Jem in the more modern day counterparts. Wondering if it's Gideon or Gabriel who are the forefathers to Lightwoods that we knew in TMI? I'd speculate Gabriel and Cecily (Will's sister), based on their personalities and physical descriptions.I really hope that we see more about how those tie-ins worked. And I hope that we see more of the foundations of The Infernal Devices woven into The Mortal Instruments. Because there is so much about the TID series that is nobler and better than TMI.That's all for now...