The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1)

The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1) - Alice Clayton 4.5+ starsWOW! This book is amazing! It totally sucked me in... and the amazing part is that while there are "steamy" parts, the main couple doesn't even really have sex until the book is about 75% over! How can that be, you ask? Got me! I was amazed as Grace and Jack!!!Jack is the 24-year old Brit, who's just finishing up with the post-production associated with a mega-hit. The move is based on several "erotic" stories tied together about a Sexy Scientist Guy who time travels his way through several scenarios and heroines. Grace is the 33-year old singer, who's just getting her singing and acting career back on track, thanks to her best friend, Holly, who's just opened her own representation agency. And yes, Holly represents BOTH Jack and Grace.Jack's and Grace's romance is full of laughter, humor, witty sayings, endearments,and sappy moments.. it's almost the perfect love-story. Jack's about to become the next full-on media sensation with the buzz already started by Holly. Grace becomes known as The Unidentified Redhead spotted all over town cuddling and canoodling with Jack. The fact that no one "outs" Grace's identity is the unbelievable part. Hard to imagine no one would reveal just who she is!!!Holly's hip with their romance, but she's not hip with Jack being "taken" so close to this movie making its premiere. And Grace is labelled a "cougar" in one of the gossip snapshot sessions... which hits home, since she's always wondered what a 24-year old hot guy wants with her 33-year old *ss.Then, of course, Grace lands a MAJOR audition for a New York off-Broadway show that will first workshop (Thank you, SMASH, for helping me to understand what this is all about), while the show tries to get its backing and its footing to the bright lights of Broadway. Grace is thrilled to inhabit a new character - a role never-before played. (Although the name of her character is MABEL. Really? I'm hoping that changes!)ANYWAY, just as Jack and Grace are getting their romance on, Grace discovers that 1) she's got to move to New York for 10-12 weeks (duh) while the show is workshopped, and 2) the writer of this show is an old college pal - the one where they both had the secret crush but avoided each other until one fumbling night that ended up with an awkward end to their friendship and anything else. The writer, Michael, still obviously has a thing for Grace, but Grace only has eyes for Jack. And it seems that Jack only has eyes for Grace. So how come these two can't talk about what might or should or will happen once Grace leaves for New York? Will they part ways or will they attempt a long-distance relationship?On the one hand, I wanted to see Grace and Jack part - he's got this film to promote and needs to stay "single" to take the mega-flight that his acting career is about to go on. Grace needs to stay focused on the show and her own career. And yet, I can't help but cheer these two on, hoping they'll find the way to make it work.This story is much sappier, funnier, and more endearing than any of the romances I've read in the last couple of years, except, of course, for "Outlander"!!! But as modern romances go, it's got it all. I'm almost afraid for the next book in the series... I see Act 2 as containing THE BIG BREAK or some such thing, that tears both of them apart and into pieces, pining for the other. And it won't be pretty! But I've gotta hold out hope that Jack and Grace won't be just another sit-com-rom-com or "The Way We Were" or another "Sex In The City"...