Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Stephanie Plum Novels)

Explosive Eighteen - Janet Evanovich Hard to rate this installment in the Stephanie Plum series... some real laugh-out-loud moments interspersed with what seems like recycled plots. Plus not much of Morelli or Ranger, and what we do get is in fits and spurts. We do have Lula for comic relief, especially when she takes a "love potion" and falls in love with a low IQ loser skip.I was disappointed... it's not news that Stephanie can't seem to choose between Morelli and Ranger. But it *is* news that she's been sleeping with both of them, whenever and wherever she can (including a closet?). Morelli and Ranger actually come to blows in this book, but we only get the news second-hand from Steph.I get that having Steph chose one guy over the other is probably a death knell. And if she does choose Morelli, who seems to be the obvious choice, then how does the series continue if Steph and Morelli are married? There *is* a question of whether or not Steph is pregnant, and dear heavens, let's hope not! That would be... jumping the shark on a motorcycle while blindfolded. It would be going tooooo far, even for Steph. Because, inevitably, we'd have to wait and wonder and worry which guy fathered the baby... and all the awkward questions and conversations that would go with that scenario. And somehow, I don't think we'd know WHO until the next book. And I just don't think I could read any more Plum.ANYWAY, now that I've gotten off track... While there are plenty of funny and whacky moments in this book, a lot of the Plum-flavor seems to be missing. The book feels rushed. The characters seem to be stereotypes of themselves. The plot feels... over-techy and recycled. (Sorry, Ms. Evanovich!)Bottom line: If you're a Stephanie Plum fan, read the book. If you've grown not-so-fond of the Plum series over the past 2-3 books, you might just want to save yourself the trouble. Read the reviews here; you'll get the idea.